dimecres, 30 de març del 2016

AN INFORMAL EMAIL

Hi Carlota,

How are you? I haven't written before because I've had exams and now I'm having too but they are easier.

It was great to hear that you are coming to Banyoles to practise your Catalan. I know you practise Catalan in school but... Have you ever had a conversation with a Catalan person? Spanish and Catalan are different because Catalan is the language we speak in Catalonia and Spanish we speak in Spain.
Catalan has some different vocabulary. What do you think “hola”, “com estas?” mean? The answer is “hello” and “how are you?”. Catalans say please a lot we are very polite.

Anyway, who is coming with you? Text me when you arrive.

Give my kisses to your family.

Take care,

Abril xxx.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada